|My Mother (left) and her sister, my Aunt (right)|
|Photo Courtesy of Bing|
She shared some of the following tips which we both laughed about (although very useful even today);
- Use red lipstick for rouge.
- Bath in tea bags to help you look more tan.
- No lipstick? Boil red vegetables (beets) and rub on your lips.
- Put oatmeal and egg whites on your face for a nice facial.
- Use strips of rags for curlers. Wet hair, wrap hair around the rag and tie the ends of the rags together. When you wake up you have beautiful curls. (My Mom actually curled my hair a lot that way when I was young)
- Need your hair lightened? Put lemon juice in your hair and go out in the sun.
I hope this Sepia Saturday brought back some nice memories for all of you.