On the search . . . .

For many years now I've been searching my past in an endeavor to unfold the tales of my family. I've traveled (via the internet) to England, Denmark, Norway, Ohio, Nebraska, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Pennsylvania. I've spent time personally visiting historic Boston and their wonderful cemeteries and, or course, visited my ancestors right here in California. My ancestors have touched the world in many places... and I hope to enjoy some of their experiences. I want you to join me as I travel through my past... and uncover their stories..



Monday, December 19, 2011

My Great Great Grandfather Sheridan W. Dean ~ Civil War Veteran


I've been searching many branches of my family and today I focused on my Great Great Grandfather ~ Sheridan W. Dean. I'm still wondering what the "W" stands for... hopefully I'll find out soon. But what I did discover is that he served in the Civil War!    He was born in Bucks Co.,1844, in the State of Pennsylvania and at the time of his death he resided at 102 Center St., Germantown. His regular occupation was as a Coach Painter.  

Comrade Sheridan W. Dean  enlisted September, 1862, as a private in Co. F, 31st Regiment, New Jersey Volunteers, and was discharged as a private in same Company June 1863. He joined Ellis Post, No. 6, G.A.R., July 14, 1881. Died April 21st, 1908 aged 64 years, 11 mos. 3 days.

Mystery to solve . . . what does "W" stand for?

Warm Regards, 

No comments:

Post a Comment